Monday 19 March 2012

Kinda Obsessed; Mylo Xyloto

Just a quick pre-note to my blog; I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while. My life has been crazy busy with exams and coursework for my college, and I really haven't had time. Also, I have been irrevocably absorbed and infatuated by a book series that I am reading currently; The Mortal Instruments. I'm on book number four now, The City of Fallen Angels, and I will recommend them to anyone. I know I wrote a whole blog post on my obsession with The Hunger Games, but this book series is ten times better than them! Although, with that being said, I am however, going to see The Hunger Games in cinemas on Friday, and am very excited. I will tell l you all about next week! And now, finally, on to my actual blog post:

Calling all music fans! I am actually obsessed with Coldplay's relatively new album, Mylo Xtyloto (pronounced my-lo zy-letoe, but to break it down one step further: my lo zy [rhymes with my] le [rhymes with the] toe). The sound is phenomenal.
"Music comes from a place we don't know," Martin told the New York Times.  "It sort of comes through the fingers and toes," he continued. "So we came up with the idea of, what if you had musical digits, like xylo toes?" Martin concluded.
According to the Times article, Martin immediately "shook his head, irritated that he gave up the secret so easily." So... musical toes, presumably like xylophone toes? Whether that information leak clears up anything is open for debate, but his fans probably shouldn't expect normal names from a singer with a daughter named Apple.
When pressed about "Mylo," he responded, "It's just a great name. For anything." 

I think that the arrogant (and partial) reasoning behind my liking of this album is the fact that I'm British., or English to be precise. I believe that I speak on behalf of my countries true souls when I say that we stick by our nation, and I am doing just that by supporting Coldplay, but also because I am insanely in love with their music as well! I think that the sound in this album is border lining on slightly techno- which i am not a fan of!, but somehow I do find my self pressing the repeat icon on my iPod for every song of theirs I listen to. 

My sister was the one who started me on my Coldplay obsession. I had heard their song before, well, obviously- I don't live in a hole! She is going to see Coldplay in June with her friend, and I am soo jealous of them! currently, my favourite songs are Princess of China, Paradise and Charlie Brown, but there all great. The album includes the songs:
  1. Mylo Xyloto
  2. Hurts Like Heaven
  3. Paradies
  4. Charlie Brown
  5. Us Against the World
  6. M.M.I.X
  7. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
  8. Major Minus
  9. U.F.O
  10. Princess of China (feat. Rihanna)
  11. Up in Flames
  12. A Hopeful Transmission
  13. Don't Let it Break Your Heart
  14. Up With the Birds
If you do get the chance, go and check out these songs, they're actually really great! I really hope that I will inspire at least one of you to go and have a listen, if you haven't already; what have you got to lose?

Until next time. Jenny xx

No comments:

Post a Comment