Wednesday 30 May 2012

Recent Read; Eat Pray Love Review

Hi everyone!

Last week I started to read the book Eat Pray Love, and absolutely LOVED it!

The books is actually a work of non-fiction, which is was surprised by when I started to read it. The book is a memoir of a year of travelling in Italy, India and Indonesia, by Elizabeth Gilbert. The way that this book is written is so mesmerising to me. It provides you with so much general knowledge, and it even taught me a little Italian.

Eat Pray Love is split into three sections for the three different places which Elizabeth Gilbert visited. In Italy she indulges herself, in India she visits an Ashram for salvation and in Indonesia she begins to heal her broken heart.

This book also has a lot of talk of spirituality, so if you like that sort of thing, then you will love this book. However, for me, as an atheist, I found the religious content of the book really interesting.

It certainly took me a good few days to read, as this book is quite long- which may be a turn-off for some. Although, in my opinion, Eat Pray Love is totally worth it. This book is very entertaining- nice work Elizabeth Gilbert! Plus, this book was clearly good enough to be made into a hit film- therefore i must be right, Eat Pray Love is great!

A great read for anyone looking for something with a little more depth than your average ditsy romance novel(but not dissing them- I love them!). I highly recommend it.


Jenny xx

No comments:

Post a Comment