Tuesday 20 November 2012

Circa. 1950 Anyone?

Hi Everyone!! I feel like it's been such a long time since I posted about beauty and make-up - I feel like all I talk about is books! So, for all of you who have been missing those beauty posts, I thought that I would get back into them with a 1950's inspired hair and make-up tutorial. I have used some pictures from one of my favourite websites; The Beauty Department, but this is only because any picture that they take is probably ten times better than mine will be. But I promise, in the future I will definitely be posting more of 'my own' make up looks.

So, what is more 1950's than a bright red lip, classic eyeliner flick, and a bright red lip.

So, first: the hair. This look is a preppy but still classy, 1950's ponytail, but taken to the next level with a slight beehive, and some curly ends.




Next up- eyes. I would just do this look with some concealer on my eyelids, just so that no veins or anything else can be seen, and some very sheer and light shimmery eye shadow. I would probably just sweep a bit of my highlighter over the lid. This will just give your eyes a bit of dimension, and brighten up the look.

And finally, the lips. As the beauty world is going gaga over oxblood lips this season, then I think that this look would look really cool and almost current, but still 1950's, if you had an oxblood lip. To create an oxblood lip, all you have to do is apply a brighter red lippy over a darker one on your lips.

If you're not that confident in wearing a bright red, or if that wouldn't be the right thing to wear for a certain occasion(like school), you could always switch out the lipstick for a red tinted lip balm. I really like the Body Shop Born Lippy stick lip balm in Pomegranate. It leaves a nice noticeable  but not overpowering, red tint. It smells great, too!



So, there you have it: you have gone back in time to the 1950's, snatched up their iconic beauty looks, and revamped them for 2012. Congratulations!

Have a great week guys!
Jenny xx









No comments:

Post a Comment