Thursday 3 January 2013

2013 To-Do-List

I know that the thought of writing new years resolutions is one that scares some people. And, to be honest, it kinda scares me too! There is always so much pressure to achieve the certain goals that you set out, which I think is one of the reasons that so many people give up. However, I have come up with a solution; a new year's to-do-list. A to do list is such a great way to keep organized, and I just love writing them so that I get to experience that proud feeling when you can tick something off!
This fun little DIY project I made can 
be pinned up somewhere to inspire you all year round, and is totally personalized and custom to you. Here is how I made it;
Step 1; I wrote my list. This isn't my proper resolutions, but this list is just some fun things that I really want to do in 2013,e.g go to the zoo and (finally) buy a MAC lipstick!
Step 2; I wrote up my list on the computer. I used the programme Paint because I thought that it would be the easiest way to make the image. I used lots of bright colours and creative fonts, but you can really personalize your list here.



Step 3; Print out your list, and gather some coloured paper.

Step 4; You will need: picture frame, scissors, coloured backing paper, your list, a hock nailed into the wall.

Step 5; Assemble! Layer your coloured paper behing you cut-out list in the picture frame. Then hang the frame on the wall. Here is my finished project, and I'm sure that it will inspire me all year!

What would you like to do this year?
Jennifer xx

6 comments:

  1. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just checked out yours and it's great- can't believe I have a reader in sunny LA!
      Jennifer xx

      Delete
  2. Love it! I hung my resolutions/goals up, but its no way near as cute :)

    xo,
    Lela - www.lelaLONDON.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was super easy, and, my philosophy is: if you are going to be seeing it all year you may as well make it as cute as you can!
      Jennifer xx

      Delete
  3. I think that is a totally cute and gorgeous idea (: Can't wait to try it out myself. Thank you!
    -Shelley

    xxx

    http://cafeaulaitbeauty.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete