Sunday 6 January 2013

Beauty Forecasting for 2013

To follow trends is something of a debate in the fashion and beauty world. Shouldn't one be setting the trends, not following them? But ultimately designers set the bar for what will be on trend in forthcoming seasons, and everyone else mimics this, but tries to put their unique spin on it.

I love seeing what to expect trend-wise, and I can tell that twenty thirteen will be bringing some crazy exciting fashion and beauty movements.

Beauty
Why do I get so much joy from looking at the forecasted beauty trends for the upcoming seasons? 

Braids;
Braids were all over the runway in NY fashion week, and I can tell that this look is going to be a big hit for twenty thirteen. My favourite ways to braid my hair is a fishtail braid or a princess crown braid.

Pink Eyeliner;
Again, straight from the catwalk, but isn't the pink eyeliner look fabulous? Sure, you do look a bit ill, but it's quite edgy. I like wearing pink eyeliner with a gold shimmer shadow, and just as a thick line on the lid(not under eye).

Matte Lips;
Already a big trend at the end of 2012, what with the Kate Moss matte collection(among other) launching, but in 2013, I can see matte lips getting even bigger.

Emerald;
The Pantone colour of the year for 2013 is Emerald(more on this in a later post), and I suspect this will inspire many beauty looks and runway styles.

Metallic Eyes;
A big hit in 2012, especially with the release of super metallic-y cream eyeshadows(Maybelline colour tattoo, anyone?), and I think that this trend will continue to grow in 2013. Keep your eye out for gun metal metallics as this was the colour that was all over the S/S13 catwalks.

CC Creams;
With the promise of a less oily texture, better coverage, more moisturising consistency and brightening powers, CC creams will be making their debut in beauty for 2013. After having heard about these in September of 2012, I was already intrigued by their benefits overriding BB creams, and have been waiting for their release for 2013(Olay are to be releasing one very soon).

Bare Faced;
A contrast to a lot of the other trends mentioned, the bare faced, natural look was favoured on the catwalks for 2013, and I think it is one that will make a great appearence in advertising campaigns and magazine editorials. Also, it means less effort for us!

What beauty trends are you looking forward to in 2013?
Jennifer xx

4 comments:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog, its really good! I like your take on upcoming trends. I followed you on bloglovin. Check out my page if you like, I'm just getting started and appreciate any feedback you have!

    http://myquestforfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I just looked at your blog, and it's really great, but definitely put tonnes of pics on there- I always love a blog with visuals xx

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree with you on most of these trends, and I can't wait so see how companies and brands are inspired by them! Personally though, I think Western CC creams are going to be overrated tinted moisturisers / light coverage foundations with lots of supposed skin care benefits and not much to back up those claims. :( There might be a gem among it all though! And what I'm most excited about are those unexpected but fun beauty trends that none of us saw coming (:
    -Shelley

    xxx

    http://cafeaulaitbeauty.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the CC creams- I hope that they are better than the huge pile of dud bb creams available on the market now!
      Jennifer xx

      Delete