Wednesday 23 January 2013

Hair Routine; In the Shower

Hi guys! Today I am going to be starting a mini-series(you know how much I love my mini-series') all about how I do my hair! 

Apparently blonde hair is not reflective. This is very confusing to me as I always thought lighter colours reflected, and dark colours absorbed, but whatever. Ever since that day when I found out about the reflecting hair thing, it has become my mission to get my hair looking shiny and sleek. While I know that getting nice hair isn't all about the way you style it, great products definitely help me on my mission. 

Here is what I use in the shower;

L-R; Soap and Glory's Clean On Me, Men's Gillette Disposable Razor, TRESemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo, The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub, TRESemme Deep Cleansing Conditioner





PRODUCTS:
Soap and Glory's Clean On Me;
I have literally been using this product for a year now. I can't seem to finish it! It lasts FOREVER, and it smells sooo good! This body wash lathers up so nicely with little product, and it feels soft and gentle on the skin. Also, the scent lingers on my skin for hours afterwards, and it keeps me smelling fresh!

Men's Gillette Disposable Razor;
I know, WHY is there a men's razor in my shower routine? After using women's disposable razors for years, I started to get the feeling that they were crap. Mean, but true. So I chanced on some men's disposable razors(my last resort before buying an expensive non-disposable one), and realised that they were sooo good! Obviously they have been made with a lot sharper blades. I definitely recommend them instead of women's razors if you are in the market for a new one.

The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub(they've repackaged since I bought it);
Not strictly 'hair routine', but since I included everything else in my shower, I thought, 'why not?' This is my favourite body scrub at the moment. I used to use Soap and Glory's Flake Away and then I tried their Breakfast Scrub, but I've found that both of these scrubs don't wash away very nicely, and leave a residue on your skin. This mango scrub smells amazing, and is not a very harsh exfoliator, so it could be used everyday. It's so good in summer for getting smooth legs too!

TRESemme Deep Cleansing Naturals Shampoo & Conditioner;
I been a wavering follower of TRESemme shampoo and conditioner for about two years now. Every other month or so I will try other products, just to see what else is good. However, I definitely like TRESemme the best. This range of 'Natural' products makes my hair volumous but not frizzy, a harder combo to achieve than one might think. I can feel the aloe vera and avocado extracts conditioning my hair with every wash.

ROUTINE:
1. I lather a small amount of shampoo in my hand, and rub it in my hair. I feel like this method allows you to get the most out of any product. I repeat this.
2. I normally apply my conditioner directly on the ends of my hair, and then rub it in to the rest. I let this 'sink in' for a few minutes while is wash and e.t.c.
3. As I said, I use Clean On Me with a luffa, and, depending on the occasion, I will shave and use my body scrub.
4. I wash out all of the conditioner from my hair, and at the end of my shower, I turn the water to cold, and rinse my hair quickly in the cold water. This actually helps your hair to looks more shiny when its dry as it seals the cuticle.

Read the next installment of my 'hair routine' series to see how I style my hair!
Jenny xx



2 comments:

  1. Clean On Me is gorgeous!
    Looking forward to the styling post :)
    Frankie xx
    http://coffeeshopsandcardigans.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The styling post should be up in a couple of days :)
      Jennifer xx

      Delete