Wednesday 30 January 2013

Hair Routine; Styling Products


In my previous 'hair routine' post, I talked about my in-shower products, but what to do when you get out of the shower? Use styling products! Here are five of my most used styling products for sleek, shiny and healthy looking hair.

L-R Schwarzkopf Supersoft Detangling Spray, Charles Worthington No Frizz Relax and Unwind Cream, TRESemme Finishing Spray, Schwarzkopf Heat Protection Straightening Spray, GHD Obedience Cream


Schwarzkopf Supersoft Detangling Spray
Childish, I know, but I hate brushing my hair after coming out of the shower, especially since my naturally curly hair is at it's knotty prime. And what better to fit my immature problem than a kids detangler. I picked up this Schwarzkopf detangler on a whim, and I don't regret it. It smells amazing, too- like milk and strawberries. And the best bit? It actually works!

Charles Worthington No Frizz Relax and Unwind Cream
I have been using this product for a while now, after purchasing the 'travel-sized' version. I apply this stuff to the ends of my hair on days when I want frizz control, but less of a polished look, and I plan to 'messy-style' my hair.

TRESemme Finishing Spray
This finishing spray has made such a difference in my haircare reigeme. I spray on when my hair is damp, brush through, and by the time my hair is dry, it looks shiny and smooth. Gorgeous!

Schwarzkopf Heat Protection Straightening Spray
Obviously, we all need a heat protectant in our haircare routine(even if we don't use it everyday, or much at all), and my favourite is the Schwarzkopf one. I have tried the
well-reviewed TRESemme heat defence spray, but it just weighed my hair down, and I am much happier with this one.

GHD Obedience Cream
I purchased this from my hairdressers about three months ago, and it has been a life-saver for when I want a super sleek and very polished hair look(for example, when doing a sleek ponytail, or straightening my hair to perfection.) I use literally a pea-sized amount of this stuff(it goes a long way), rub it between my fingers, and kind of tousle it through my hair. After applying, I brush my hair straight, and wash or hand-sanitize my hands as this cream is very sticky on the hands. I highly recommend this product.


What do you use to style damp hair?
Jennifer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment