Thursday 3 January 2013

New Years Resolutions

The hype of setting New Years' Resolutions can be overwhelming around this time of year, but people have actually been setting them for thousands of years. Did you know that the ancient Babylonians made promises to their gods at the start of each year that they would return borrowed objects and pay their debts; that the Romans began each year by making promises to the god Janus, for whom the month of January is named; that in the Medieval era, the knights took the "peacock vow" at the end of the Christmas season each year to re-affirm their commitment to chivalry.

I have only three resolutions this year. They are much more simple than my past resolutions, and  I have also included one blog-o-lution, just as a little extra challenge.

I took this from the top deck of the Eiffel Tower in 2011, but I would love to go back.
To go to Paris. I have visited Paris 7 or 8 times before, but the last time I went was February 2011, and I miss it. Before when I've been to Paris I've always wanted to go to Disneyland or do touristy things, but this coming year I would love to really explore Paris. I would love to be dropped off somewhere in the city and wander around with some money and a camera and see what I discover. Also, I really feel that my beginner French could blossom with a long weekend?!

Eat Healthier. I know that this has probably made everyones list, but I really do want to eat healthier food in 2013. I eat rubbish and I know that it isn't benefiting my body or my already breakout prone skin. Some of my favourite foods are already fruits(um, watermelon, anyone?) and vegetables(see brussel sprouts and broccoli). I don't have a goal to lose weight or a plan to diet, but by eating healthier in the coming year, I hope to get my body to somewhere better than it currently is, like a fruit salad paradise.


Get moister! I know that this one sounds really weird, but my whole body has been feeling really dry lately, especially my face and hair. I don't know whether this is due to the fact that we are in Winter, or if my skin/hair has been dry for a while and I just haven't noticed. Anyhow, it has to stop. In 2013 I have made it a resolution to moisturise as often as possible and try and do a hair mask or a hot oil treatment at least once a week. However, as much work as this resolution sounds  I will have an excuse to try out as many hand and body creams as I like.

My Blog Resolution:
To take better swatch pictures. I really need to improve the quality of my swatches. Whenever I swatch on my hand and take a picture, it always ends up looking like a dodgy crippled hand, and the swatch is usually blurred or not visible, and not true to the product. I will be avidly googling and testing out different ways to take better swatch pictures for you guys, thus making it my Bog Resolution for 2013.

Have you made any resolutions for 2012?
Jennifer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment