Thursday 28 February 2013

February Favourites

It's favourites time again people, and I know that February is the shortest month, but seriously. Did it even last five minutes? At least the end of another month means another favourites post! This month all of the items are beauty related. This is simple because I haven't had time for much else. I have been enjoying the TV show How I Met Your Mother(the new season), but apart from that, I haven't even read one book!I need to get a grip! 
Without further ado, lets commence into the world of Feb favourites.
First up is the Soap and Glory Hand Food hand cream. After borrowing(ahem, stealing) this hand cream from my sister, I quickly became addicted to it. I told myself that I wouldn't, but sadly I did. This product really doesn't need bigging up anymore than it already has been, but this hand cream moisturises my hands without leaving them feeling greasy and sticky.
Next up and keeping with the skin care theme, is Sudocrem. I know that you're probably wondering why a nappy rash cream is included in a favourites post of someone who most definitely doesn't wear nappies, or have any children whatsoever. I have been trialling  it as a spot treatment, and I have to say that I have noticed some improvement in the redness of my skin around blemishes and such. It actually does say on the packaging(albeit in small letters) that Sudocrem is effective at treating acne, and a thin layer over any spots before bed has been working a treat this month. 

Moving swiftly on, next we have makeup. I have included two lip product favourites this month, the first being the Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial. These pigmented and luxurious glosses were released at the back end of January, and I have been wearing them a lot during February, the first month of them being on my beauty shelf(well, duh). I did a full review a couple of weeks ago, and I mentioned that they seemed to transfer a lot, which I wasn't a fan of. However, I have found that applying a layer and blotting it with some tissue, then applying a second, thinner layer and patting it onto my lips has kept the gloss in place quite nicely. The colour of Celestial is gorgeous, too.

The second lip product is not one that I have ever heard anyone talk about in the blogosphere, which surprises me considering the quality of the product. The Topshop makeup range has received a great response in the blogging world, however this gloss was part of a set of three that I had never seen on the internet before(and I read A LOT of blogs). My favourite colour is this gorgeous sheer gloss with lots of gold specks and sparkle running thought it. Childish, and kids-sticky-gross-makeup-set as this colour may sound, it looks unbelievably sophisticated on the lips, but with just a hint of youthful sparkle. And the best part? It's not sticky at all(oh the burden of a sticky gloss).

Onto the face, and this month I have been in love with contouring/bronzing. I lightly contour my face everyday, and it does make such a difference. I use the MUA Bronzing Powder, as I like the matte quality, and this Real Techniques contour Brush. This contouring brush is very good at what it does- it applie the perfect amount of product on the face, but it small enough that you don't get it seared all over your cheeks. I like to use this brush to apply the product, and then blend/buff it out with a bigger, fluffy brush. This is simply because I don't have time to buff it with the smaller brush, and in this case, bigger works better.

No blush other than the Louise Gray for Topshop cream blush duo in Up In The Air. Although this was released months ago, I have recently started re-loving it. It provides two options for cheek colour, however, I like to swirl my blush brush in both colours for a natural look. The formula is very creamy, and nice to use as well. This blush stays put for a couple of hours, which is ok, but the colours are truly gorgeous on the skin, and I have really been enjoying using this duo. 

Nivea Extreme Resist Mascara in Brown has been my favourite mascara for the month of February. The mascara itself has practically run out, and it is getting a little dry and clumpy now, but in its prime, his mascara was fantastic. It lengthened like no other, and it was a softer, more natural alternative to the sometimes harsh black mascara(my favourite mascara of all time is Benefit's BADGal Plum, so maybe I've got a thing for coloured eyelashes?). The wand is also angles upwards, which makes the application a lot easier. I have loved using this with curled eyelashes, as it makes the look even longer, and more dainty.

My last favourite of February is a nail polish. But not just any nail polish, a UV polish that is so bright I'm pretty sure that it glows. My sister actually bought this nail polish in Camden before going to see Coldplay's liv tour last Summer(so that the UV in their set would make her nails glow), and I hadn't tried it out until this month. It looks lovely and bright on the nails, shocking almost. But with Winter dragging on, and the cold weather refusing to shift, wearing this colour on my nails really brightened my mood. It is a neon yellow(it looks a bit weird in the photos), and unfortunately I have no idea where you can buy this from! However, Models Own has just released a new range of neons, and American Apparel's neon polishes are rumoured to be great, so try them as a dupe.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my Febuary Favourites. Do you have any favourite of this past month?
Jennifer xx


2 comments:

  1. The Hand Food lotion quickly became my favorite hand lotion after I picked it up at Sephora. XOXO
    canvas-of-a-face.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete