Sunday 3 March 2013

Cleaning Your Makeup Brushes

As I mentioned in my DIY Brush Holder post, I am going to show you how I clean my makeup brushes. I only clean them every two to three week, as I am not one to smother my face in makeup(as you can see from my relatively clean dirty brushes). However, I suggest cleaning your brushes, especially a foundation brush, once a week. Here is how I clean them;

I use the Johnson's Baby shampoo in Chamomile, as I like the smell and it leaves my brushes feeling very soft. However, if you feel like you need to really deep clean your brushes, Lisa Eldridge sugessts using the cheapest supermarket-own-branded clarifying shampoo, as it will really strip the brushes of any makeup.

Some people use a brush cleaner, but I really do not feel like spending my money on something when I can do it for next to nothing already. How do you clean your makeup brushes?
Jennifer xx

4 comments:

  1. This is such a helpful post! I'm always looking for new ways to wash my brushes so thanks! Would really appreciate it if you could check out my blog and follow if you like it...

    http://bonjourperfection.blogspot.co.uk/

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I just checked out your blog and I love the posts about your 'wreck this journal'- I think that I may have to get myself one!
      Jennifer xx

      Delete
  2. This is a good beginners guide to washing brushes! Very helpful :)
    I use a MAC brush cleaner at the moment but finding that I'm using it too often and it's so expensive when I work out how quickly I use it up so may have to steal your idea of using baby shampoo!

    Christina | Passion Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try a spray brush cleanser, but to be honest, I dont have time to spray clean my brushes after every use! I find that cleaning them once a week keeps them in good conditiond!
      Jennifer xx

      Delete